With the imposing West Bay towers behind you and stunning views of the sea in front of you, this park really is a must.
The Sheraton Park is a very pleasant green space located at the West Bay end of the Corniche, Doha’s famous waterfront promenade. Apart from the gorgeous location, the main attraction is the well-shaded and well-equipped playground. It is also a great spot to laze around in the sunshine or in the shade of a tree. As you sit and relax, munching your picnic, with the hustle-bustle of West Bay behind you, you really get a sense of being in a city park.
Another important landmark only a stone's throw away from the park is, of course, Doha's much-loved Sheraton Hotel. It is one of Doha's oldest hotels and by now has become a bit of an institution. Unfortunately, it will be out of action for a while as it is currently undergoing large-scale renovation.
A good day out and an excellent way to burn some calories would be to walk the length of the Corniche and back with a half-way picnic and play pit-stop at the Sheraton Park.
If the heat gets too much, you could always escape to the air-conditioned and well-placed café located just a quick walk from the playground. Is there a Costa Coffee anywhere else in the world with a better vista than this one?
Nearby landmarks: Corniche, Sheraton Hotel, white teapot statue, West Bay towers (Tornado Tower and Burj Doha)
Opening hours: Public space with no gates or walls, so no official opening hours
Entrance fee: Free
Size: Roughly 0.8 hectares
Parking: Next to the Costa Coffee and the Msheireb Enrichment Centre
Shade: Partly shaded playground and plenty of nearbly trees
Wheelchair and disability accessibility: The pathways around the playground and green spaces are accessible to wheelchairs. The toilets are not very spacious and therefore not accessible to wheelchairs.
Doha Family tips
Allowed: Roller skating, rollerblading, skateboarding, biking and scooting, jogging, running, walking
- There is a busy road next to the park so keep a close eye on your kids!
- The toilets are not always well-maintained and a bit of a walk from the playground.
- There is a clothes/household equipment recycling bin in the park.
- Enjoy a cappuccino with an amazing view of the Gulf at Costa Coffee
- Pop into the Msheireb Enrichment Centre to learn about Qatar’s past and what it will be like in the future. Closed all day Friday and Saturday. Open Sunday–Thursday 09:00-17:00
- Variety of climbing frames and play areas for young toddlers and older kids
- Most plastic play equipment with some metal
- Plastic slides
- Most shaded play area
- Large rope climbing frame (not shaded)
- Mostly rubber surface, some areas on sand
- Plastic benches (some in the shade)
Food and beverages: No
Nearby mosque: No
Wi-Fi: Free wi-fi via iPark; iPark sign has instructions for wi-fi access
Night lighting: Well-lit at night
- Driving from Doha Airport on C Ring, head towards Corniche Street and the West Bay.
- Once on Corniche Street, drive all the way down the Corniche.
- As you drive past Burj Doha (cylindrical-shaped tower) and Tornado Tower on your left, before you get to the Sheraton Hotel, you will see a hexagonal shaped Costa Coffee on your right facing the sea and the Msheireb Enrichment Centre jutting out into the sea.
- Turn right off Corniche Street by the Costa Coffee into the car park provided. The playground is a short walk towards the direction of the Sheraton Hotel.