Mother's Day Crafts
Make mom a special homemade card or necklace this Mother's Day.
At Pink Pepper one of our favourite ways of finding inspiration is to raid our craft supplies. If you're looking for a great Mother's Day gift, grab your craft kit and see what you come up with!
- Plain paper/card, a gluestick, scissors, an old magazine/patterned paper
- To decorate use glitter, artificial flowers, stickers, sequins, fabric, felt, paper doilies, feathers - anything really!
- Fold a piece of A4 paper in half, then in half again.
- Cut shapes from a patterned piece of paper (e.g. a paper doily) or magazines. Glue them onto your card.
- To decorate, stick anything onto it, from sequins to stickers. How about writing 'Mum' on a white paper doily heart?
- Customize your card. Whether your mum likes hearts, flowers, monkeys or heavy metal - let her be your inspiration!
- Allow your card to dry.
- Air dry clay, rolling pin, cookie cutter, chopstick/skewer, clear nail varnish
- Embelishments: flowers, stickers, paints, diamantés, buttons etc
- Follow the air dry clay's* instructions.
- Knead the clay and then roll out using a rolling pin. The clay will need to be at least 0.5cm to 1.0cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter** to cut out a pendant for the necklace.
- Using the skewer make a hole near the top of your pendant. Make sure the hole goes right through. Allow the clay to dry following the instructions.
- To thread the pendant onto the ribbon, fold the ribbon in half and thread the looped end through the pendant hole (photo 1).
- Pull the cut ends through the loop (photo 2).
- Pull tight (photo 3)
- Tie a bow in the cut ends (photo 4).
- Paint the clay, if you wish, and let it dry.
- Add some bling - stickers, flowers, buttons or whatever you like!
- Paint clear nail varnish all over the clay to give it shine and strength. Leave to dry.
|Step 5||Step 6||Step 7||Step 8|
*If you don’t have clay, salt dough is very easy to make and works just as well. Try a Google search for "salt dough recipe".
**If you don’t have a cookie cutter, use a butter knife.
Congratulations! You've made a beautiful mother's day gift!
Craft ideas and instructions courtesy of Ally Parahbu who runs Pink Pepper.