Awarded “Outstanding Nursery Provider” by the Ministry of Social Affairs in 2015, Starfish Lane Kids nurseries are proud of their amazing staff, seven spacious sun-lit classrooms, fantastic enrichment activities, top-quality equipment & furnishings, high staff/child ratios and our nursery cleanliness.
With ten years of experience, over 1000 happy children have grown, played and developed in our friendly Australian nurseries. We have worked hard to establish a reputation for delivering the highest care and best learning environment possible for young children in Doha.
Included in the term fees, are these weekly enrichment activities:
- Playball – multi-sports coaching programme, keeps kids active with balls!
- Yoga – specialised children’s yoga by our qualified instructor
- Kids in the Kitchen – Healthy Eating and cooking programme run by our nutritionists
- “Let it Grow” winter gardening – getting kids in (hands on) touch with nature and science
- Library – We have a separate, dedicated library to encourage a love of reading in children, help them master language, enhance concentration, promote literacy.
These fun educational activities teach children skills for life. These are over and above our play-based Australian curriculum – the highly acclaimed Being, Belonging and Becoming Early Years framework. This play-based curriculum directs the teacher’s classroom activities with your little learners.
We love to see how our children thrive, grow and develop. We love to see their success experiences and watch them develop self-efficacy and competence. We love to witness their confidence increase and see how their social skills develop with friends. We love capturing their imagination and attention with exciting stories in our library. We love to watch them arrive each day, full of excitement – knowing we make a difference!
Educators at Starfish Lane Kids hold Early Childhood qualifications and are recruited because of their qualifications, experience, skills and genuine love of working with children. You can feel comfortable that each staff member holds a current first aid certificate and certified police check. Several times a year all staff attend professional development workshops to enhance their skills, which will in turn, benefit your children at Starfish Lane Kids.