Confident, Collected, and Calm: Positive Parenting Models Across the Lifespan
When: Saturday 9 November, 9 am to 11 am
Where: University Foundation College
Cost: 100 QR/Person
What this workshop will cover:
• Parenting is the only job in the world where you are thrust into a leadership position with both limited training and support.
• This workshop is designed to help you stay mostly confident, collected, and connected through challenging times.
• You will leave armed with greater knowledge about expectations for your child and tools to gain back the special moments with your children from infancy to emerging adulthood (18-25).
• This workshop will focus on the recent paradigm shift in parenting: looking at growth opportunities we adults have when our child inevitably loses control or makes a bad choice.
• We will look at being a conscious parent, examine different cases of children and become stress detectives to see what lies beneath less desirable behaviors and take steps to deal with them proactively.
• We will also briefly cover ways to communicate with our children respectfully.
Expert Speaker Bio:
Grow your parenting presence with Doha's only PCI Certified Parent Coach® & Self-Reg Champion® Amanda Tinnin . Amanda is the Head of Parent Coaching Services at Nurture Me, a new program of Inspire Me LLC located in Regus, The Pearl. Amanda Tinnin, M.A. TESOL, spent 10 years as an adult language educator in universities in Japan and the UAE. Becoming a parent kick-started her journey of continual professional development in alternative education, parent coaching and parent education. Qualifications: Montessori Infant-Toddler Diploma (North American Montessori Centre, CA), PCI Certified Parent Coach® (Seattle Pacific University, USA), Self-Reg Champion® (The Mehrit Centre, CA), Currently a student in Self-Reg Facilitator Course.
Community Connect Doha and Benurtured U Consultancy
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.